Have you updated your Aadhar card? If not then you are at the right place, In this article, we will tell you about the Aadhar self-service update portal, from which you can update, make changes or correction in your Aadhar card by the very easy methods. Aadhar self-service update portal is a reference portal for uidai.gov.in self-service portal. It is a government authorized website for Aadhar card update and the Aadhar card update status verification. The Aadhar self-service update portal allows you to submit requests to change the mobile number, address, email and other details fed into the Aadhar database. UIDAI authority has provided an e-Aadhar update option on their website. Aaadhar update can also be done through the post and for this method, you need to fill the form offline. According to the UIDAI, the mobile number is mandatory to receive a password to log in and This mobile number is the one registered at the time of applying for Aadhar. You can make aadhar card correction just by sitting at your home all you need is Internet connection and a laptop or computer system. You can update the following information on your Aadhar card through Aadhar self-service update portal.
- Mobile number.
- Name/ Father’s name/ Mother’s name/ Husband’s name.
- Residential address/postal code/district/state.
- contact information/ Email address.
How to update Mobile number through Aadhar self-service update portal-
- To update mobile number on your Aadhar card, follow the following given steps-
- Visit the official website for the self-service update portal (ssup.uidai.gov.in)
- At the end of the page, you will find a “click here” option in order to submit your update request.
- After clicking that, a new tab will be open, requesting your Aadhar card number. correctly fill your 12 digits Aadhar card number. you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number, verify the same.
- Then you will be provided with options for the details you want to update, select “Mobile Number” and click on “Submit”.
- Verify your Mobile number, then provide your new number, then click on “Submit Update request”
- you will receive a confirmation of the submission of your update request, it will also display a unique URN, note it down and check the status of your update. once the updated Aadhar card is ready, you will be able to download it.
How to update Address on Aadhar card-
- First of all visit UIDAI website and click on Update Aadhar details.
- Enter you are 12 digit Aadhar number and click on “Send OTP”, OTP or one-time password is sent by the Aadhar system on your registered mobile number.
- After this, enter the OTP received in the specified field on the portal and click on login.
- on the next page, select Address from the list and proceed.
- fill in the correct details.
- Ensure that the information is filled correctly and in the local language.
- Check the details thoroughly and proceed.
- submit the valid documents supporting the requested correction.
- Select the available service providers and proceed.
- After submission, a URN or update request number is issued to track the status of your Application.
- A similar procedure is followed to make changes in other Details-( Name, Date of birth, Email etc.)